18 Children Who Hit the Jackpot With Their Parents’ Creativity
Raising children is not an easy task. Especially when you combine it with work, household chores, and trying to have even a little bit of time for yourself. But these moms and dads certainly found a way to do it all... and even save money in the process!
At Now I’ve Seen Everything, we can’t help but share with you the tricks that worked for these moms and dads. Some of them may even come in handy for you and make your life a tad easier. At the end of the article, you’ll find a bonus.
1. “Wonderful life hack for enjoying popcorn with kids under 4! This way, you get your treat, and they get a safer alternative!”
2. Creativity in the kitchen to include vegetables in meals
3. “Add a smiley face to your kid’s shoes so they know when the shoes are on the right feet.”
4. “Chip clips on stroller to block the sun! Unlike the built-in canopies, you can leave the sides open for airflow.”
5. “When kids want a fireplace for Santa, but you live in an apartment:”
6. “My wife put this together while driving — you can use a drink tray as a kids’ plate while eating and driving.”
7. “When you’re on dad duty but also want to get work done in the shop:”
8. “Found a little parent hack at the farmers market this morning. A cucumber slice absorbs the drips, so the popsicle doesn’t run down your kid’s arms.”
9. “’Hands on the circle!’ The phrase we say as we jump out of the car. ’Hands on the circle’ (the circle is the gas cap) was invented by my brilliant sister-in-law and has thus far kept all kiddos safe from any oncoming traffic while I unload the trunk.”
10. “Glue a magnet to a baby bottle and connect a telescoping mirror tool to feed your baby with one hand.”
11. “How to make an easy child’s den — a duvet cover and a couple of broomsticks”
12. “Faucet extender for your toddler. Free!”
13. “DIY child’s wheelchair (child almost severed his toe, couldn’t crawl/walk, and too small for a wheelchair)”
14. “Soup mugs make good portable bottle warmers.”
15. “The game has changed forever.”
16. “I have a crawling baby. This is my mom hack to help the older kids remember to replace the outlet covers.”
17. “DIY child safety lock for razor”
18. “Soak a dried-out permanent marker in rubbing alcohol to bring it new life!”
Bonus: Some parents are sure that it’s easy to live as a family if you have a good sense of humor and develop this quality in your children from infancy.
“I found a horribly fun way to disappoint my kids in the morning!”
“A quick way to destroy your kid’s faith...”
Have you had to make up things like these to manage your household chores combined with parenting? Share your thoughts with us below!