19 Coincidences That Turned Out to Be Even Better Than Winning the Lottery
Not all unfortunate or unplanned situations have to be a Greek tragedy. A dog that mistakenly throws a bottle of chlorine over a t-shirt can make it a whole new garment. Or a plastic cutting board on a hot baking sheet can create a work of art.
Now I’ve Seen Everything found some images of things that accidentally managed to be wonderful. In the end, a bonus awaits you on how a “random painting” was created.
1. “My dog knocked over a bottle of bleach cleaner near my laundry pile and I got a sick new shirt out of it.”
2. “The design on my egg after it cracked being dropped in the dye.”
3. “Can you believe I did this to my hair by accident? After having a mental breakdown I actually ended up loving it :3”
4. “I soaked black gram lentils in water for about a day. Such unexpected and colorful results!!”
5. “Scissors of creation, me, accidental pour happening. Forgot my scissors were on my pour table while the crazy exciting pour happened. Now I have a new art piece idea brewing.”
6. “My toddler demanded a red sweater I didn’t have enough yarn.”
7. “This towel my wife accidentally bleached looks like some odd couple kissing in a 17th century painting.”
8. “Unintentionally left beets over winter in the garden. Chicken for scale.”
9. “Mixing polymer clay and accidentally creating the ocean”
10. “Some of the wet glaze stuck to my fingers when I was moving the piece.”
- I think this is the shape of a cute little fox. Or a ghost. Love this! © InformallyGuavaCado / Reddit
11. “I accidentally washed and dried a notepad and created art.”
12. “If you’ve never poured water on Skittles, you are missing out.”
13. “The result of a passing car while I was taking a panoramic picture. Quite unexpected for me, I scratched my head when I first saw it!”
14. “A clock in a server room where I work is accidental modern art.”
- Dude, just grab a plane to Paris and sell that clock for 10k euros today! © yusbarrett / Reddit
15. “Luna Wings”
16. “Apple on an apple”
17. “The security door at the hotel I am staying in is painted like the decoration behind it.”
18. “This spilled water on my floor looks kinda like a bear.”
19. “Neighbor’s gutter is spitting out perfectly clear ice cubes.”
Bonus: painting about randomness
In the 1930s, Mexican artist David Alfaro Siqueiros discovered a new art form: the technique of accidental painting. The chaotically mixed liquid paintings conquered not only the artist himself, but also the common people with their transcendental aesthetics and, at the same time, the simplicity of their process.
Today, accidental painting is a separate art form, closely related to hydrodynamics. But even without knowing its laws, you can create amazing patterns from colorful acrylic paints, you just need inspiration and imagination.
What has happened to you by accident and resulted in something extremely fortunate?