14 Actors Who Got Their Big Break in Hollywood Later in Life
Getting success in life isn’t always something that happens at an early age. Some people have to work for decades without stopping in order to get to the point that they aimed from the very beginning. This is exactly what happens with actors as well, since some become famous after the age of 30. It’s this one role that makes their name relevant and their face unforgettable.
1. Melissa McCarthy became famous at the age of 40 through the series Mike & Molly.
2. Glenn Close had her first leading role in a successful movie in 1987 at the age of 40.
3. Susan Sarandon became a household name in 1988 at the age of 42.
4. Connie Britton was 39 when she got her famous role on Friday Night Lights.
5. Kathy Bates played in the movie Misery in 1990 and became famous at the age of 42.
6. Helen Mirren became famous for her talent at the age of 50.
7. Morgan Freeman became famous when he played in the movie Street Smart at the age of 50.
8. Betty White got her role at The Mary Tyler Moore Show at the age of 51.
9. Judi Dench got her role in James Bond at the age of 61.
10. The whole world met Christoph Waltz through Inglorious Basterds when he was 53.
11. Maggie Smith made her name famous in the film industry at the age of 35.
12. Charlotte Rampling was a famous actress in Italy, but became worldwide famous in 2003 at the age of 57.
13. Angela Lansbury had a long cinematography before becoming famous at the age of 59 after playing the lead role in Murder She Wrote.
14. Steve Carell made his entrance into stardom at the age of 43 in the movie The 40-year-old-Virgin.
Have you watched the earlier projects of any of these actors or are you only aware of their massive commercial successes?