What 15+ Iconic Movie Characters Would Look Like If They Refused to Wear Makeup
Nothing is impossible for a professional makeup artist. With a few swift moves with the brush, a tired actress looks fresh and beautiful. Makeup artists know better than anyone that any woman can be turned into a gorgeous movie star with the right makeup.
We at Now I’ve Seen Everything were curious to find out what the iconic female characters would look like if they were on set without any makeup. And also, in the bonus part, you will see a very popular movie character that is impossible to imagine without his bright makeup.
1. Scarlett O’Hara, Gone With the Wind — Vivien Leigh
2. C.J. Parker, Baywatch — Pamela Anderson
3. Leeloo, The Fifth Element — Milla Jovovich
4. Olympias, Alexander — Angelina Jolie
5. Angelica, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides — Penélope Cruz
6. Margaret Tate, The Proposal — Sandra Bullock
7. Naomi Lapaglia, The Wolf of Wall Street — Margot Robbie
8. Andrea Sachs, The Devil Wears Prada — Anne Hathaway
9. Rose DeWitt Bukater, Titanic — Kate Winslet
10. Natasha Romanoff, The Avengers — Scarlett Johansson
11. Raven Darkholme, X-Men: Apocalypse — Jennifer Lawrence
12. Jupiter Jones, Jupiter Ascending — Mila Kunis
13. Carol, Office Christmas Party — Jennifer Aniston
14. Gabrielle Colette, Colette — Keira Knightley
15. Jane Foster, Thor — Natalie Portman
16. Paulina, Shall We Dance? — Jennifer Lopez
17. Satine, Moulin Rouge! — Nicole Kidman
18. Cleopatra, Cleopatra — Elizabeth Taylor
Bonus: Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides — Johnny Depp
We think that sometimes, with lots of makeup, it’s hard to see the natural beauty of famous actresses. And it would be great if movies showed regular women more often — without perfect makeup and perfectly-styled hair. Do you agree with this opinion, or should art remain art and there are enough ordinary people in our lives?