20 Brides Who Rocked Non-Traditional Wedding Gowns
The bride’s wedding gown is one of the highlights of the ceremony. That’s why women take the time and effort to try on as many dresses as they can, until they find “the one.” And the ladies on this list stood out for sure during their big day, because they strayed from the ordinary and went for unique or whimsical dresses.
Now I’ve Seen Everything found 20 women who proved that it’s worth the risk to spice up your wedding day with a non-traditional — or even self-made — ensemble.
1. “This is not what I pictured myself choosing, and I didn’t even want to try it on. But now I’m so excited to wear this for my flower-filled backyard wedding!”
2. “My rainbow wedding gown! My local wedding dress maker brought my vision to life!”
3. “My custom mustard yellow wedding dress is finally done!”
4. “My wedding sneakers have arrived!”
5. “Just wanted to show off my wedding dress from yesterday, made my day and the husband loves it too.”
6. “I got married this weekend and made my own wedding dress. I’m still swooning over the extra-large bell sleeves!”
7. “My gown was a prom dress I got at the same mall where the wedding reception was in!”
8. This sunset dress is simply amazing.
9. “A wedding dress for my sister that I knitted last year.”
10. “I’m so happy I went slightly non-traditional with my dress!”
11. “Found the dress for our small backyard ceremony and it has pockets!”
12. “I’m a seamstress and made a comfy little dress.”
13. The bride is a Pokémon fan and the long belt on the dress reflects the color locations in the game.
14. “Made my wedding dress!”
15. “My mother-in-law made me this vintage-inspired wedding dress. We were married at a steel mill where both of our grandfathers worked as teenagers during World War II.”
16. “I just wanted to say yes when I put this dress on!”
17. “If you’re thinking about wearing an untraditional dress, this is your sign to do it.”
18. “Custom-made dress to capture the coming together of 2 cultures.”
19. A girl asked for her wedding shoes to be decorated in honor of her brother.
20. “Said ’Yes’ to the dress on my birthday. I always knew I wanted a convertible dress. This lived up to everything I envisioned!”
- “It is a clearly a very special dress but I feel like you could use the shorter version for fancy cocktail parties in the future, which is awesome because it is too beautiful to be worn just once.” — © dlpfc123 / Reddit
Do you think that a wedding dress has to be classically white and long, or can it be a little different?