12 People Who Witnessed Things They Were Clearly Not Supposed to See
Discovering secrets that were never meant to be revealed can occasionally bring unforeseen blessings. However, there are instances when we would prefer not to find ourselves in that specific moment, as the revealed truth leaves a lasting mark on our minds, resisting any efforts to forget. The narratives you are about to explore have significantly impacted those who are sharing them, creating a profound and enduring memory.
- When I was younger, I was at a friend’s house, sleeping over and playing video games. We wanted a late-night snack, so we went downstairs to get some cookies and saw his mom with another man kissing (I wasn’t sure if it got to the other point) on the lounge. He cried and said, “You’re not my dad.” Sadly, this was the last time I spoke to him because he had to move away with his father. © JimPadawan / Reddit
- I accidentally read one line of my ex-boyfriends diarys. It fell off the shelf while he was in the shower and as i picked it up i read “... really helped me to cope with my moms cancer diagnosis; shes an angel” or something. Thought it was sweet at the time. © em0tionalcrybaby / Reddit
- I went to pay a ticket I received while driving with my headlights turned off. I entered the quiet courthouse office I was supposed to be in and looked through the glass to catch the male sheriff giving the female magistrate a back and shoulder rub. They both went pale when I knocked on the glass. The sheriff immediately stopped and walked into another room. The magistrate gave me the weirdest look and said, “I guess Christmas came early for you.” She stamped the receipt and handed me the voided ticket. Sometimes it pays to witness something you’re not supposed to see. © pleasedontmak3m3 / Reddit
- When I was 11, I walked into my cousin’s bedroom to find that she was talking to her imaginary friend and his grandmother. She was the only child living in the house alone with her parents. I didn’t recognize the people she was talking to, but I was terrified. I never went into her room again, no matter how much she wanted me to play with her friends. © Unknown user / Reddit
- I work for a married couple that both own the company. I was helping the husband with a saved password issue that was causing him to repeatedly log in to the wrong account for an unrelated app. In doing so, I saw all his saved login info for dating sites specifically set up for cheating. When I was done, I shut all open apps, gave him his phone back, and never said another word.
© monwoop1316 / Reddit
- My friend worked for his dad, who was continuing the family piano business. I came across the pricing sheets and saw what they paid for pianos and what their retailer recommended they sell them for. Of course, there’s a markup, but I thought it would be only double, or at least that’s what I assumed. Nope, it’s like 4-5 times markup in general. People are used to pianos being expensive, so they play on that. It’s, of course, greater as the “quality” goes up. That grand piano that costs as much as a Mercedes is, like, $8,000 for them, if I remember correctly. © CivilCJ / Reddit
- My ex-boyfriend wanted to show me something online but accidentally opened a tab for a site selling engagement rings. He was embarrassed, and I thought it was sweet even if it was a bit soon. We broke up a few months ago. He was my first love, and it broke my heart.
© quangtran / Reddit
- In kindergarten, on Christmas Eve, I saw my parents bringing all of the presents past my room to the tree. They could have said, “These are just the ones from us; Santa will be by later,” but they didn’t. So, I lost Santa at a very early age. I played along for my little sister for 4 years, as to not ruin it for her. © PetahGriffin098 / Reddit
- We gathered at my uncle’s house for their anniversary weekend, and right after dinner, his wife decided to play their wedding video for the 25 guests. She called everyone to the back room, played the tape, and we began watching. Just as she was walking down the aisle, midway down, the video suddenly went fuzzy. Everyone froze in complete shock as the wedding video cuts to a scene of Dale Earnhardt’s funeral. Uncle Joe used that tape to record Dale Earnhardt’s funeral. I was the only one who started laughing and felt like I was in a sitcom, but it was real life. © homanisto / Reddit
- I was 7 years old, I believe. I had a tooth come off, and I put it under my pillow for the tooth fairy. In the middle of the night, I woke up and saw this dark figure sneaking into my bedroom, like straight from the movie Grinch. The dark figure bolted out of my room when I started screaming. My dad admitted it was him a few days later, but man, I didn’t sleep at all for a few days. © TacticalGoatse / Reddit
- My dad gave me his phone to order something because mine was out of battery, and on Google, the first tab I see is “how to tell your child a loved one is dying.” My mom has been ill for years now, and I’ve been in denial about it getting any worse, but this finally broke me. © punctuwashion / Reddit
- My brother and I were very curious children. One day, he pulled me into our spare bathroom, all excited because he had found a “huge surprise” in the garbage can beside the toilet. Inside the garbage can, there was a tortilla chip bag with a whole bunch of rolled-up things inside. We opened it up, thinking that they were surprise toys (like Kinder Surprise) left inside the bag by accident. Nope, they were my mom’s used pads. © spookysundae / Reddit
Uncovering unexpected truths about our family can be a significant revelation. Our other article reveals some truly surprising facts about people’s loved ones that they never expected.