15+ Designers Whose Outside of the Box Thinking Made Us Go, “Oh No, Not Like That!”
Thinking outside of the box might be a useful skill in our day-to-day life, and it can help us find solutions to all kinds of problems by trying a different approach. Some people take this term to whole new heights and come up with some designs that, other than making us laugh, have little to no functionality.
Now I’ve Seen Everything gathered the best works of some of the worst designers so you can get some inspiration on how NOT to do certain things.
1. Me: “Can you add some windows?”
Designer: “Say no more.”
2. “It’ll leave a weird taste in your mouth...”
3. “Anti-homelessness benches at this Liverpool bus station are actually anti-human. Attempting to sit down has you sliding off it every second.”
4. “The paper in this sliced cheese makes it look like it has mold spots.”
5. “Puddle mirror”
6. “I’m a grocery delivery driver. This is what I’m confronted with in a block of apartment units.”
7. “This shirt I saw in the store today”
8. “A bag of apples with a character on it that got poisoned by an apple...”
9. “2 windows at my work are always fighting for the honor of being opened.”
10. “This water bottle has markings to show you how much liquid is in it, but you can’t see through the bottle.”
11. “The raised cutout of this ceiling doesn’t allow the fan to suck in any air.”
12. “Steps that you can’t see”
13. “My parents’ bathroom is on a platform next to an angled ceiling so you hit your head every time, and it has a telephone.”
14. “These barriers are designed to prevent cyclists from passing through.”
15. “When your security gate is a ladder”
16. “Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to the ’commaquestion’ point...”
17. “Door? No! Window? Also no!”
18. The perfect stairs to play limbo under
Which design fail had you in stitches?