14 Behind-the-Scenes Shots That Reveal How the Magic in Our Favorite Movies Comes Alive
Most of the Oscar categories are dedicated to things that happen behind-the-scenes, such as makeup and hairstyling, sound mixing, film editing and visual effects. That’s because those departments are essential to the development of the moments portrayed by the actors. Without them, we’d just be watching actors in random rooms, saying random words. We collected a few examples that perfectly illustrate the work that goes on on set, before “Lights, camera, action!”.
1. The way Geralt of Rivia comes to life in the dressing room.
2. The main characters behind the scenes of Game of Thrones.
3. How Daenerys’s dragons were raised.
4. The creators of the film got a well-deserved Oscar for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
5. Jared Leto trying on his Suicide Squad makeup for the first time.
6. Keanu Reeves trying on his costume for Bill & Ted.
7. This is how Liu Yifei did her stunt in Mulan.
8. This is not the Groot we imagined.
9. This is how actor Ben Schwartz brought Sonic to life.
10. Charlize Theron trying on her silicone belly for The Astronaut’s Wife.
11. In The Call of the Wild, the role of the dog was played by actor Terry Notari.
12. A look behind the cameras of that iconic scene from The Walk that had you glued to your seat.
13. Look how they make Deadpool survive the impossible.
14. Working on Maleficent.
What do you think you would do on set during the breaks between different scenes?