13 People Share Stories With Plot Twists That Are Truly Hard to Predict
Life is filled with unexpected turns that can both spice up our routine and take a serious turn. In this article, we explore stories of individuals whose reality underwent significant changes due to unforeseen discoveries, leaving them stunned and speechless.
- I was a Starbucks barista before the whole “names on cups” thing became popular—or at least, it wasn’t really practiced in my tiny store. There was this very cute guy who came in maybe 4-6 times a week. A little often, but nothing out of the ordinary. I flirted like mad; he flirted back. It was all great. Then he came in with his fiancée. I felt betrayed and treated him coldly from then on. A month later, two of him came in together, and I found out that he — uh, they — are twins, and I had shot down any chance I had with the single one. © mindovermacabre / Reddit
- My wife was pregnant with our third and last child. We ended up in the ER as she was miscarrying. The nurse shed tears because “the fetus was not viable,” so there was nothing to be done. It was horrible. One of the first times I felt completely helpless as an adult. A little later, we found out that the miscarriage was actually her body making room for twins. The girls are 5 now. Went from “losing” 1 to gaining 2. © chudd / Reddit
- I was pursuing this woman that I worked with, and she was playing along and flirting back with me. She would often just gaze at me and hold eye contact with me in a very seductive way. I was totally hooked on her until this one day. She confessed to me that she was married... to a woman! © cb33 / Reddit
- My sister’s boyfriend decided that he wanted to do more with his architecture skills, so he gave his two weeks’ notice and moved to Haiti to help rebuild after the earthquake. They stayed together. He had bad phone service, so they mostly kept in touch through emails. This went on for a couple of months. One off-handed tip from a co-worker and a week of investigation later, and it turns out he never went to Haiti. He moved to Seattle to be with his fiancée and partner of 9 years.
© HouP*** / Reddit
- My friend was seeing a guy she was crazy about for years. They traveled together, spent most nights together, and were talking about starting a family. One day, he texted to say he and his other girlfriend were engaged, so he couldn’t see her anymore. He pretended that my friend knew about her all along and told her she was unreasonable for being upset. © SaltedCaramel2 / Reddit
- I bought a pair of dress pants for an interview for $2 at a thrift store and found $100 in the pocket. That was a good day. © bibeauty / Reddit
- I used to work as a photo booth attendant, and most of the events were weddings. At one wedding, just before dinner was going to be served, the bride announced that the marriage was going to be annulled. Obviously, everyone thought the bride had learned that the groom had been cheating on her. Nope! Turns out she had been cheating on him for months and had finally worked up the nerve to stop living a lie. © Fakjbf / Reddit
- Throughout my childhood, I always thought to myself, “This is just a normal, boring life, nothing different,” until I went through my old baby pictures. There was always this other kid, but I never knew who he was. My parents always told me it was a kid we babysat, so that’s what I went with.
A year ago, at 19, I learned that he is my older half-brother that we stopped talking to. I wish I had grown up with and gotten to know him. © darkperl / Reddit
- Had two cats. Adopted them at different times, and they were the same age or close to it. They both got sick and had to be taken to the vet. He took blood tests on both of them, said he noticed similarities, and then ran them against each other. I don’t understand what exactly he did, but it revealed that they were related. Yep, like brother and sister. They were adopted years apart, one as a kitten and one at 2 years old. Barely look-alike either. Honestly couldn’t believe it. © Er**t__Bu***ole / Reddit
- We gathered at my uncle’s house for their anniversary weekend, and right after dinner, his wife decided to play their wedding video for the 25 guests. She called everyone to the back room, played the tape, and we began watching. Just as she was walking down the aisle, midway down, the video suddenly went fuzzy. Everyone froze in complete shock as the video cuts to a scene of Dale Earnhardt’s funeral. Uncle Joe used that tape to record Dale Earnhardt’s funeral. I was the only one who started laughing and felt like I was in a sitcom, but it was real life.
© homanisto / Reddit
- In my graduation year, I had a girl I was set on asking to graduation. My friend came into class one day looking really bummed. I asked him why, and he said he had asked this girl to grad, and she had turned him down because she was already going with someone. This was news to me, so I never asked her. Turns out she was so sure I would ask her, she told him she was going with someone. © toodles14 / Reddit
- I am 22 years old, and my father was married to my stepmother for 21 of those years. In the last year, out of nowhere, my dad finds out she’s been cheating on him with a coworker. No one even had the slightest clue this was going on. The surprising twist is that it was with another woman.
© IamStarfish / Reddit
- Parents split when I was little. Came out to my mum and stepdad when I was 13. Phoned my dad up when I was 16 because it was time, I had to let him know. “Dad, I’ve got something to tell you.” “Whatever it is, I love you.” “I’m gay,” I said. And then my dad was like, “So am I.” © AlbaDdraig / Reddit
Unexpected twists in people’s lives frequently involve a cheating partner, and the narratives of the protagonists in our other article serve as a vivid reminder of this.