19 Times Children Sealed a Moment With Their Wit and Sincerity
People say that children’s innocence is the window to their inner purity. They have no filters: They say what they think when they want and without thinking about the consequences. And there is nothing more beautiful than witnessing the abruptness of their sincerity.
Now I’ve Seen Everything gathered the most honest and innocent phrases children said that users shared on the Internet.
“I used to turtle up when I was really mad.”
- Me: Who do you talk with at lunch?
7-year-old: I don’t know.
Me: You don’t know?
7-year-old: I’m not there to talk. I’m there to eat. © XplodingUnicorn / Twitter
- This morning, my son, who is in first grade, said, “I dreamed about science. It’s boring, of course, but what can you do? I had to see what was being shown to me.” And there was a sense of doom in his sleepy eyes... © Prohorlinna / Pikabu
- I was in a café, not bothering anyone. A mother came in with her son. The boy was very active, about 4 years old. He came up to me and asked:
— Are you a girl or a lady?
How many times years were added to my age (incorrectly), but no one had ever given me the choice. Thank you, unknown child. © RybaPumbrija / Pikabu
- Me: We’re having mac ’n’ cheese tonight.
Child: I don’t want mac!
M: It’s macaroni and cheese.
C: I don’t like macaroni.
M: Okay, pasta and cheese.
C: I don’t like pasta.
M: Noodles. We’re having noodles and cheese.
C: Okay, I like noodles and cheese. © MomTraditional / Twitter
- The end of the year is just over a month away, but my husband decided to start tormenting me early with the question, “What do you want for Christmas?” I answered honestly that I didn’t know. Nearby was my daughter, who had already expressed her wishes to Santa. And, of course, she couldn’t help but chime in:
“Mom, I know what you want!”
“How” — I said — “can you know what I want, honey, if even I don’t know it yet?”
“I know, I know!” — said my daughter and blurted out — “PEACE!” © tetcher / Pikabu
“My diary as a little kid, apparently I took stranger danger VERY seriously...”
- Daily conversation during e-learning...
After 6 hours of Zoom classes, Google classroom assignments, IXL, etc...
“Mom, since school is over, can I have some technology time?”
🤦♀️🧐😳 Remember that time when we tried to monitor screen time? Yeah, me neither. © swalts14 / Twitter
- When my brother was little, he asked my aunt how she could make the scale go so high. © babyduckyoongi / Twitter
- I went with my children to the zoo. The kids were grunting, squealing, screaming, waving their hands. I hope the animals were satisfied. © KJ / Bash
- A kindergartener said to me, “You know, you could wear makeup if you want to look pretty...” I was wearing makeup. 🙄 © AmorPazViva / Twitter
- One kid in a long line of kids outside a library pointed at me and yelled, “Look at that old man!” They all turned to stare at me. I was 32 at the time. © craigschott / Twitter
“My kids had to double a brownie recipe that called for 1/3 cup of oil. Somehow their math yielded out 2 and 2/3 cups. The mix was boiling in the oven.”
- My son has been talking to me all morning about the sports car he wants. Then he shut up, laid down next to me, and said, “Mom, don’t worry... You will definitely buy it for me.” © Quintaesencia / Dicen los niños
- About optimists and pessimists. From the kitchen comes the sound of breaking glass. My 7-year-old daughter: “Oh, a plate broke!” My 5-year-old son: “Oh, a puzzle!” © K. Gavrishenko / Dicen los niños
- My 5-year-old nephew burped while we were at a restaurant. My mom said, “Hey, if you were on a date would you do that?” He said “Ya,” and then I would just say, “Hey, was that you?” © kingsnsync / Twitter
- My son is one year and 4 months old, we were having dinner and I was in a good mood, singing and feeding my son. He looked at me, broke off a small piece of bread, and stuck it in his ears. I already suspected that I wasn’t a very good singer because of my vocal abilities, but it wasn’t that big of a deal. Little troll. © Barbara Korol / AdMe
- My daughter has many peculiar behaviors. Once, when she was 4 years old, we entered a minibus and she tripped. The man sitting closest to her held out his hand. I said, “Honey, what should you say to the man?” And my daughter, rolling her eyes theatrically, sighed, “Oh, my God, again!” The man hesitated for a second and gallantly apologized. © Anastasia / AdMe
“My daughter was being too quiet, so I went to check on her.”
What is the most creative phrase you’ve ever heard a child say?