20 Guests Who Should Never Be Invited by Anyone
Most of us tend to put our guests on a pedestal whenever they arrive at our place to keep them comfortable. On the other hand, some guests take this generosity for granted and make your day really difficult. For instance, eating the entire cake and not sparing anything for the host or leaving your bathroom filthy. Such moments never want us to host people in our homes anymore. We totally agreed when we found these stories below.
1. “Two reasons why I don’t like to host guests. I am ready to punish them for the dirty mirror.”
2. “My house party got out of hand.”
3. “I had a party and woke up the next day to find that someone took a chomp out of my shower soap.”
4. Relatives are the best.
My mom begged me to let a couple of our remote relatives stay at my place. I had never seen them before, but it seemed impolite to say no. So, James and Daisy came, they looked like normal people. They stayed for 2 days but when they decided to leave I noticed that all of our bread had disappeared, the vegetable oil wasn’t in its place, and the pots with food that I had cooked for the entire week turned out to be empty.
I guess I joked and said something like, “Wow, we’ve eaten so much over 2 days.” Suddenly Daisy became nervous. She said that the bread was moldy, and she gave it birds. At this moment, the plastic bag in James’ hands ripped, and a few jars with my soup and my own containers in which my dear guests had packed all my food, fell out.
5. “I had guests over and one of them switched their broken charger for mine.”
6. What a nice neighbor.
My neighbor used to come to have breakfast with me every morning. I asked her once jokingly, “When will you invite me to breakfast?” She replied, “I’m paying off a loan, and can’t waste money on food.” I haven’t opened my door to her since. That was 10 years ago.
© Angelina Çapkan
7. “The way guests cut the cornbread at my buddy’s BBQ.”
8. Family support
I suffer from insomnia. I have to work till 3-4 a.m., then go to sleep, get up at 6:30 a.m. to take children to daycare, then go to bed again. I’ve been living like this for a couple of months. My mother-in-law came to visit me once. She had been warned that I would be at home and that I didn’t sleep at night.
I managed to fall asleep with great difficulty at around 9 a.m. I woke up at 10:15 from loud TV sounds and my mother-in-law yelling at the TV program. I was lying in bed listening to the kitchen cabinet doors banging. Eventually, my mother-in-law opened the door to my bedroom and froze:
— “Oh! I didn’t think you were home,” she said, and turned around and left.
— “Did you want something?” I yelled, but the TV host was louder.
9. “When your guest breaks the giant cookie instead of cutting it like everyone else has been doing.”
10. “My brother came to Christmas and took a shower — this is what he left behind.”
11. “I let an unemployed friend stay with me until she could get back on her feet. This is the kind of stuff I find around the house.”
12. “My brother’s ex-girlfriend finally moved out of my parent’s house. This is half of the mess she left.”
13. Imposing your way of living is not the best method of starting a friendship.
My son had a friend at school. They were like 10-11 years old. Her mom wanted to pay us a visit. By the way, I had never met her before. She just stepped in and immediately said that the Feng Shui in my apartment was “off.” And she began to move the furniture. Since then, I’ve been really careful about inviting people I don’t know very well into my home.
© Alla Boyko
14. “I’m leaving a birthday party. There were tears...”
15. “And this is why I don’t let guests load my dishwasher.”
16. “The girl that we were housing and feeding for free because she couldn’t fly back home left our guest bedroom like this.”
17. There are guests that will try to find an excuse for any of their actions.
My ex-wife’s sister used a $150 chef’s knife to try and crack open a coconut in my kitchen. She dented it all over and also bent the tip somehow. She then said it must be a cheap knife because her sister in Thailand cuts them open super easy with a cleaver. It’s one bright side of divorce that I never have to suffer her presence ever again. © multivac7223 / Reddit
18. “I’m having new sod put in. This is how my neighbor’s guest parked.”
19. They ate the entire cake.
This one couple sat down at the table with my cake (which had yet to be served), each of them took a fork and started to eat it, neither of them cut a slice of cake for themselves, but they went back and forth with forks to mouths and to cake, smacking and slurping. Nobody else wanted any cake after that. © fraubrennessel / Reddit