15 Bosses Who Definitely Don’t Deserve Their High Position
There are many reasons as to why a leader is bad, including insufficient pay, long working hours, and big stressful environments. However, even if all of these 3 things are over satisfactory, some people just don’t have that “boss quality.” They don’t know what a great leader is supposed to do and they take all of their frustration out on their employees.
Now I’ve Seen Everything feels for all of you who suffer at your workplace because of your horrible bosses, but hopefully these experiences will make you stronger.
- 5 minutes to close, the owner would bring his buddies to his restaurant and make us fire up the kitchen. He did this often. © eldude6035 / Reddit
- We had to work a lot and were very tired. Our manager decided to give us some moral support, strengthen our team spirit, and so on. He got us all together and gave us an inspirational speech about how we all should wait a bit, tense up, mobilize our inner resources, and all this nonsense. Among other things, he said that we should be like marathon runners: agile, fit, and resistant. I caught a moment when he took a pause and noted that the first marathon runner died of exhaustion after his mission had been completed. That summer I was laid off. © SandyBoy / Pikabu
- My mom told me that she had a boss everyone would bring very important reports to. At the same time, he was into skydiving. One day he just quit and became a skydiver. All these reports were found in his office untouched and stacked in a cabinet. He’s my role model. © purpolly / Twitter
- I was the manager of a night club. One morning I got a phone call from the assistant manager saying my services were no longer required, and he was taking over my position at the request of the owner. So, I rang repeatedly to ask why I’d lost my job and I couldn’t get through. The owner was always unavailable. I rang every hour for 2 days. So in the end, I rang the inland revenue and asked if I was due a rebate. They had no knowledge of me working in the place despite the owners telling me I was paying tax and national insurance that was taken from my wages each week. I was also issued a wage slip each week. So I reported him. Told the inland revenue his name, how many bars he owned including the names, what car he drove, how many staff he had working for him and a description. 2 months later he had to sell up and move on. A few of his other bars closed down not long after that. © Marble-Boy / Reddit
- I had a boss who would keep a bunch of resumes under her desk and whenever people asked for a raise or days off she would show the resumes saying, “These people are all eager to work. If you’re not happy with your job I can get someone else here tomorrow.” © jupitcall / Reddit
- I was a dishwasher and if you haven’t been a dishwasher before it’s a lot tougher physically than it looks. My boss would moan about me not doing my job, which I took as the biggest insult because when I’m at work I’m always 100%. I’m a diabetic, so I once stepped aside to check my blood sugar and when I came back he was very angrily telling me to always be working. So I quit on the spot. © Philcollinsforehead / Reddit
- I worked at a pizza place and my boss was extremely misogynistic. Worse than that though, he stole all the tips from the restaurant and then sold it before anyone could call him out on it. © monsterlover5595 / Reddit
- I have 4 bosses. This week, I went to one manager and said I had too much work and couldn’t do it alone, so I needed some help. My manager is a thoughtful person, he looked into my problem, scratched his head, wrinkled his forehead, and said that he’d find a solution. Today, they appointed a fifth boss for me. © Dubas11 / Pikabu
- Today I was talking to my boss. I suggested different options for the implementation of a project I was working on, and he swept all of them aside. This lasted for 40 minutes. Eventually, my boss exclaimed:
Boss: But why? Why do you always try to make everything simpler?
Me: And what is wrong with that? You tell me what I should do then!
Boss: I have no idea! But surely it shouldn’t be as simple as you say! © ZhoraLiberman / Pikabu
- We never get promotions or raises. Every person holds multiple positions. Nobody gets paid overtime. If we go over the 40 hours a week (and almost everyone does), we don’t get paid for the rest, yet we are expected to work overtime to finish the work. If you don’t finish, the boss will belittle you. Sometimes your paycheck will be several days late. No calling in sick unless you can find a cover. The restaurant might be out of a crucial ingredient. In that case, you will have to buy it yourself so that customers won’t complain. You will not be compensated. Where is the boss through all of this? He’s going on vacations. He’s putting his children through private schools. He’s buying new cars. He’s virtually M.I.A. until he wants someone to cook him a meal. © yayhotdogs / Reddit
- Once my ex-boss called me and began to berate me for not preparing some papers and material. I figured he’d dialed a wrong number, and said, “I quit 2 months ago, you’ve dialed a wrong number.” And I was really amazed at his reply, “I know but when you left you didn’t say you wouldn’t be doing this.” I guess my resignation wasn’t explanatory enough. © Podlushano / Ideer
- My boss set me up. Of course, I was fired. On the corporate website, I found a phone number that you could allegedly call if you had problems at work. I called and explained my situation. Their first question was, “Do you realize that you won’t be able to work here any longer?” I guess this phone number was intended to remove “untrustworthy” employees. It seems that the boss is always right. © Podlushano / Ideer
Have you ever had a horrible boss that made your life and your colleagues’ life miserable? Did you stay at the job or were you forced to quit?
Preview photo credit agentfantabulous / reddit
Now I've Seen Everything/People/15 Bosses Who Definitely Don’t Deserve Their High Position
Share This Article