19 People With an Unwavering Will Who Could Take Over the World if They Wanted To
From time to time, we all face situations in life that we struggle with, but hopefully, they make us stronger. Today’s heroes know everything about that, as they have overcome things that would have crushed anyone who’s not made of sterner stuff, like beating cancer or homelessness.
We at Now I’ve Seen Everything have gathered their inspiring stories right here.
1. “I was devastated that I couldn’t ski anymore. Thanks to technology and determination, I’m skiing better than ever.”
2. “Tonight, I celebrated my daughter’s 3rd birthday and 2 years being cancer-free.”
3. “My daughter was born after 2 consecutive miscarriages, we’ve been trying for almost 3 years.”
4. “After a year of severe illness, I have gotten back on the horse! Biked 30 miles and then climbed up a waterfall.”
5. “I went from getting winded going up stairs to snatching and overheading the weight that I’ve lost!”
6. “I don’t need this anymore! After 16 surgeries to fix a birth defect and years in a wheelchair, I’ve finally been cleared to start walking!”
7. “I was homeless for 3 years. Today, I begin my career as the coordinator of a homeless shelter.”
8. “My dad made this by hand after overcoming 2 strokes, throat cancer, and 2,200 hours of work.”
9. “Grew up struggling with mental health and dropped out of high school. This year, I was accepted into college.”
10. “My wife’s final radiation treatment was today.”
11. “My mom, looking so proud of herself on her first day of walking since her surgery.”
12. “I just finished a semester of college after taking nine years off. I was 10-13 years older than all of my classmates, but I did it!! Just one more semester to go.”
13. “I’ve worked 12-hour shifts for 4 months and was able to surprise my daughter with a Christmas present. This is her, crying tears of happiness.”
14. “After so many years of struggling with everything in my life, I’m expecting twins and I’m finally truly happy.”
15. “After years of working 3 jobs, my dad got the truck he’s always wanted.”
16. “2 years ago, I was stuck on a hog farm wishing for something better. Today I finished up my masters to become a schoolteacher!”
17. “I found painting and got to share the joy with people. From my balcony -> garage -> studio.”
18. “My brother-in-law before becoming the first person to run a marathon barefoot with no training”
19. “Doctors told me I wouldn’t live to my 40s. Today is my 40th and I lost 350 lbs.”
What was the most difficult thing you’ve had to do in your life?