17 People Who Aren’t Afraid of Some Self-irony Every Now and Then
It takes plenty of humor and strength of mind to be able to laugh at our own mistakes or misfortunes. After all, unpleasant events are inevitable in life, and the only thing we can control is our own reaction when they happen. And we’d only be winning if we choose to shed tears of laughter instead of tears of sorrow.
At Now I’ve Seen Everything we believe that humor is the best answer to life’s hurdles. And here are 17 people who couldn’t agree more.
1. ’’I forgot I had a dentist appointment and didn’t have time to change. They think I am crazy in the waiting room.’’
2. “After getting hit by a car this year, I thought this was the only appropriate costume for Halloween!”
3. “My friend told me that I look like a popsicle stick.”
4. “Freshmen year of college, I knocked my tooth out. Made this to warn gentlemen of the potentially misleading nature of the duck face.”
5. “Balding has caused me so much depression. So I went bald.”
6. “Put both on this morning to get wife’s opinion. Forgot to change before I left and was at work all day like this.”
7. “Most long-sleeves are longer than my arms due to a disability, so I wore an appropriate sweater.”
8. “Our baby announcement photo. My wife looked so thin after delivery that I joked I looked like the one who had just delivered.”
9. “My favorite shirt. Yes, I am single.”
10. “I’m fat and I’m pregnant and I have no shame.”
11. ’’The disappointment in my face after getting the same shirt I’m wearing for Christmas when I was 11.’’
12. “My friend’s wedding about a month ago had a photo booth. I figured since I am single I should make the best of it.”
13. “I tried dying my hair. My boyfriend said I reminded him of a certain animal.”
14. “My brother was joking about how he dresses like a 5-year-old. Then he found this.”
15. “As a paralyzed man, I feel my Apple watch might be mocking me.”
16. “Spotted at my local McDonald’s. I feel uhhhh... mocked.”
17. ’’My mom said this was one of my favorite things to do as a child.’’
Did you laugh at these people’s pictures? Do you believe that being able to laugh at yourself is required for a happy life?