18 Animals That Prove Nature Is Not Just Wise, but Also Very Original
While the internet makes us believe that we have seen everything there is in this world, nature always manages to show us that it is constantly changing and that there are life forms that can still leave us with our mouths open.
At Now I’ve Seen Everything we are as curious as cats, so we have compiled some photos so that you too can be amazed by creatures with whom we share our planet and that, perhaps, you have never seen before.
1. The Greta oto butterfly uses its transparent wings as camouflage.
2. The red-lipped batfish is found around the Galapagos Islands and off Peru at depths of 3 to 76 meters.
3. The saiga is a species of mammal that inhabits the steppes of Central Asia, from southern Russia to northwest China and parts of Mongolia.
4. This is Venus, the famous kitten with two faces.
5. This creature is called Pleurobrachia pileus, and can measure up to 2.5 centimeters. It is a comb jellyfish that uses a pair of long tentacles to wrap around its prey.
6. Glass frogs are admired by many because of their translucent bodies. They inhabit South and Central America.
7. The Indian narrow-headed softshell turtle (Chitra indica) is a species found in the major rivers of Pakistan and India.
8. The okapi reminds us of a creature similar to a horse, a giraffe, and a zebra.
9. The golden flat langur is a type of Chinese monkey, which differs from others with its unusual colors and appearance: robust nose, orange fur, and blue snout.
10. The calico crab lives in shallow waters and has a unique shell that may remind you of a leopard.
11. The mantis shrimp feeds on clams, as it can easily split its shell with its front pair of legs.
12. This fish, called Portuguese man o’ war, is, in fact, a colonial organism. It is usually found in the open sea, in all warm waters of the planet. Its sting is dangerous and very painful.
13. The sage grouse has sacs on its chest that extend from below its breast to the abdomen, framing its magnificent body.
14. The snub-nosed monkey can only be found on the island of Borneo.
15. Geckos have large eyes with vertical pupils, which are useful for catching insects at night.
16. This is what happens when a husky and a German shepherd fall in love.
17. This is what a Persian cat with hypertrichosis, a condition that causes hair to grow very fast, looks like.
18. The Spanish dancer is a large sea slug. The animal received this name because its movements and the red color of its coat are reminiscent of the skirt of a flamenco dancer.
All of these creatures are certainly unique. Which one would you like to see up close or even touch? We’d love to hear what you think!