20+ Life Hacks That Can Help You Out Better Than Your Grandma
When moving, make sure you pack the things you’ll need during the first days in a separate box. You can easily get your microwave clean by heating lemon water in it. It’s best to clean your apartment on Thursday. All these life hacks were posted by internet users, and we chose the best of them for this article.
At Now I’ve Seen Everything, we couldn’t pass by these useful life hacks. And the tip about mildew in the washing machine is so great!
- If it takes less than 5 minutes, do it now. If it takes more than 5 minutes, break it up into 5 minute increments and do it now. You might not always finish the task but you will make progress every time you see it. © Kind_Man_0 / Reddit
- Clean your house or apartment on your Thursday night. I started doing this after reading it online maybe a year ago, and it has made a huge difference in making my weekends much more relaxing. © upsetungulat / Reddit
- If you are feeling depressed and can’t think of anything useful to do to get out of your funk, clean something. © paxtana / Reddit
- Don’t keep potatoes and onions together in the same cupboard. The onions release a gas that spoils the potatoes. I never knew this and for the longest time I was wondering why I couldn’t get through a full bag of potatoes. © Smokron85 / Reddit
- Use your hands to squeegee water off of your body after a shower, before getting out. It only takes a couple of seconds but helps you dry tremendously faster, and you get much less water on the floor and in your towel. © RubeRides / Reddit
- You should always buy good products for anything that separates you from the ground, i.e. shoes, chairs, a mattress, etc. Don’t cheap out on it, your back and joints will thank you for it later. © lycheemochi / Reddit
- Someone posted how they and their spouse go to a restaurant they’ve never been to before on the date of their anniversary each month. My partner and I have been doing this for over a year now and it’s really fun and just adds a little something extra to going out together. And it makes sure we don’t go to the same 5 places over and over. © interstatebus / Reddit
- Someone mentioned they had told their child that their ears turned red any time they lied. This was about 3-4 years ago. I told my son the same thing and he still believes it to this day. It works like a charm. If he sees an adult with red ears he’s more than happy to tell them he knows they’re lying about whatever they’re saying. © greypoupan / Reddit
- To clean a microwave, put a glass of water in there and bring it to a boil. Then you can simply wipe away all the old dried food. © speak2easy / Reddit
- If you’re long distance moving, make up a first day box consisting of basic cookware and ingredients, your Wi-Fi router, computer, some clothes, toiletries and whatever other necessities you need until you get all of your stuff. © moe_skweeto / Reddit
- If you find yourself on the verge of tears, find a random object in your line of sight and start mentally describing it. Somehow it takes away from the emotions and lets your brain reset. © For_The_Sail_Of_It / Reddit
- My downstairs neighbor came up to tell me to keep my kids quiet at 10 a.m. because they were being loud. So, I just stared at her. I didn’t say a single word. Then she went on and on about how she pays rent to rest and how I should teach my kids to sit still. She even told me I should find a different apartment. The whole time I was just standing there quietly starring at her and she eventually excused herself and said she didn’t want any problems. I then just closed the door and continued to have breakfast. © cheekyrose_ / Reddit
- Don’t refrigerate leftover rice, this results in dry rice every time. The best way to store it is to wrap it in cling-wrap and freeze it. Later, take your frozen riceball, and microwave it on half-power for a few minutes. © zubbs99 / Reddit
- If you ever stand up too fast and get “white flash” or feel faint, tighten your abs as hard as you can and it will go away. © LightningInTheRain / Reddit
- “Don’t let it be a zero sum day. Get something done to further your goal, even if it’s the smallest thing.” This really did help me out. Even if I didn’t get something completely finished, it gave me at least the smallest sense of satisfaction that I got a little something done. © choralmaster / Reddit
- Unusual solution for a small kitchen
- To prevent mildew from forming in the washing machine, you can put a microfiber cloth under the door.
- How to sew in a straight line.
- To make sure you don’t lose your wireless earbuds while jogging, fix them with a Band-Aid.
These life hacks were posted online by ordinary people. We are sure that you also have your own life hacks that others are not aware of. Maybe you know the best way to deal with rude neighbors? Tell us about it in the comments below. We love all sorts of useful things, and our readers do too!