20 People Who Proved Some Elbow Grease and Cleaning Products Can Do Wonders
In the era of consumerism, it’s easy to get used to ditching old stuff in favor of shiny, new things. Dusty, dirty, or sticky — it doesn’t matter, all you need to give your old things a new life is the right cleaning products, some time, and most importantly — some elbow grease.
Now I’ve Seen Everything loves to see objects get transformed into their best selves and here’s some people who did it right!
1. “Before and after I cleaned my old Apple keyboard.”
2. “I didn’t know you were supposed to scrub tile grout. This is before and after 3 hours of scrubbing and applying a white sealant.”
3. The before and after the cleaning of a door — the number of dogs doesn’t count...
4. “A quick dusting of my grandma’s ceiling fan that hasn’t been dusted in years”
5. “A very satisfying before & after deep cleaning!”
6. “I cleaned my stainless steel dishwasher, and I feel euphoric.”
7. To achieve this result, a drill and a wire cup brush were used, as well as 2 cans of Coke.
8. It turned out that there was a decent door under all these layers of dirt.
9. “Before & after cleaning my couch for the first time ever”
10. It turned out that the crystal chandelier didn’t darken over time.
11. “I cleaned this cast iron cooking stove from 1904. It’s still shiny!”
12. “The stovetop hasn’t been cleaned for 2 years. It took me 2 hours and a lot of scrubbing to remove the dried-on layers.”
13. It was looking kind of rough before.
- Your house looks like it’s worth $100,000 more. © tvtb / Reddit
14. A new bench is a well-washed old one.
15. “I brought my favorite sweater back to life using a lint roller and an electric fabric shaver.”
16. Look at this contrast!
17. “I scrubbed all the burn marks from a 5-year-old pot. It took me an hour, but I’m super proud.”
18. An old, moldy garden bench can also be brought back to life.
19. “6 pumice stones, 1 can of scouring powder, 2 and a half solid hours of scrubbing, and here we are.”
- My arm hurts thinking of how much work was put into this. Job well done! © jaevidubs / Reddit
20. “We had no idea the patio was hiding so many colors.”
What’s easier for you: buying a new item or cleaning an old one thoroughly? Tell us in the comments below.