12 Creepy Real-Life Stories That Will Instantly Give You Goosebumps
Imagine a reality where alternate dimensions exist alongside ours. This can give rise to extraordinary events that catch some individuals off guard. These occurrences may involve unexpected meetings with departed loved ones, perplexing incidents, or the sudden vanishing of objects. Numerous individuals have shared these spine-chilling stories on the internet, and we assure you they are certain to evoke a deeply unsettling sensation.
- I was out with my friends and came home pretty late. I didn’t want my parents asking questions, so I snuck in through the garage. The door was locked, but I had a key. I turned the key to unlock it, but then I heard an abrupt snap, and the door locked again. I repeated this three times. Each time I unlocked the door, it re-locked. Exasperated, I cried out, “Mom, it’s me!” Then I heard the door unlock. I opened it, and no one was there. © SharpieScentedSoap / Reddit
- My grandfather sat on the edge of my bed when I was in the 4th grade and told me a bedtime story. He died before I was born, and the only photo of him was in a chest in my grandmother’s attic. I hadn’t even heard his name before; his life and passing were a sore spot in my family.
© d***lykitten54 / Reddit
- I was half asleep when something grabbed my feet. I jumped up and saw a little girl run out of the room. My two dogs both looked at the little girl, watched her leave the room, and then looked at me, as if to say, “Did you see that?” They chased her down the stairs into the living room. I followed behind them, and when we got to the living room, there was no one there. The only explanation I have is that I was still dreaming while awake. © tisafunnyoldworld / Reddit
- After my dad passed away when I was little, I slept with my mom in a 3rd story apartment. Each night, I would see the shadow of a hand in the window and get scared, burying my head between my mom’s back and the bed. This went on for a couple of weeks, and I remember being terrified. I finally worked up the courage to look at the windowsill in the day. Nothing was there. I went outside and looked up at the window. Nothing was near it. I cannot explain it. Just weird. © t-rex82 / Reddit
- I saw a pencil eraser disappear. I threw it against some lockers, and it just vanished. I looked around for a good while before I gave up. For the remainder of elementary school, I would look in that spot to see if it was there. It disappeared, I tell you! © xerxerxex / Reddit
- I saw a man walk down the sidewalk and stop at one of the free newspaper stands. He opened it and pulled out a spatula, then turned around and walked back in the other direction. If he were homeless, it would have made sense, but the man was dressed in clean and pressed business casual attire, with perfect hair and a clean shave. © efshoemaker / Reddit
- My mom was a single mom with two kids. She was stressed over bills but had just enough to cover them. Unfortunately, it left us with no money. She was a hard worker and would do multiple shifts at the hospital. Still, it was hard this particular month. She was sweeping and hoped for a solution. As she turned around to empty the dustbin into the trash, there was a crisp $100 bill perfectly laying on top of the filled trash can. No one lived at our house with us. She was never able to explain it. © poshfiend / Reddit
- My dad, sister, and I all saw something that wasn’t an animal and wasn’t human. This was in winter 2015. We were driving, and it ran out in front of us on the road. It was so fast that it was a dark blur, but we all agree we saw long, gangly limbs like a deer, yet it had human-looking “arms” and “legs.” We still talk about it. © doometteowo / Reddit
- I was probably 13 or 14, and my brother, who’s two years younger, was outside with me playing basketball. My dad was traveling for business, but when he was home, he would go out to his shed to work on wooden decoys, and he would always say “hey guys” to my brother and me. So, one night while my dad was away on business, we both heard “hey guys” in my dad’s voice, and we both said “hey” back, thinking he came home early. After we were done playing, we went inside to ask my mom why dad was home, and she told us he wasn’t. He ended up coming home two days later as scheduled. My brother and I remember it clear as day and still can’t explain it. © Asseman / Reddit
- Years ago, my husband and I were lazing about, watching a movie. Adverts came on, and we weren’t paying much attention, but just as one finished, we both recognized the place it was filmed, pretty sure we had been there. It took a few seconds to find the remote and rewind, still talking about our visit to the place on the advert. However, it wasn’t there. We fast-forwarded, thinking we missed it. Still, there was nothing. We rewound again, and again, nothing. It’s nothing very exciting, but it’s totally unexplainable, and we still get weirded out when either of us brings it up. © tottiepots / Reddit
- I was driving away from a gas station when, out of nowhere, a guy in a suit comes running up to my car and starts yanking the door. As if he knew me, he began pleading, “C’mon, LET ME IN!” Luckily, my doors were locked. I asked him who the hell he was through my window. He looked genuinely surprised that I wouldn’t let him in. After I refused to let him in, his facial expression inverted, as if he just realized something horrible. He let go of my car, said something to the effect of, “You’re one of them, aren’t you?” Then he ran away behind the gas station and into the woods. Full suit and tie, nice shoes, extremely frantic in nature, zero explanation. © grammarGuy69 / Reddit
- I was up watching movies late at night when I got hungry and went downstairs for a snack. My room is across from my daughter’s room, and her door was open. As I was coming back upstairs, I start turning left towards my room when I hear, clear as ever, “Daddy, can you close the door?” I turn around, don’t say much, and just close it. Once I’m back in my room, I lie down to watch TV when it hits me... my daughter isn’t there. She’s spending the night at my parents’. I get up and go to her room, and sure enough, it’s empty. I remember the voice so clear and coming in the direction of her room. It’s very possible that it was just my head playing games, but it definitely made me question a few things. © TheLatinGerman / Reddit
By the way, many children have a knack for turning their parents into unwitting protagonists of a horror movie, and their seemingly harmless phrases can send shivers down the spine.