15+ People Whose Way of Thinking Is Just Something Else
Children start to understand logical connections between things by the age of three. This is when they use their developing language skills a lot more to ask many questions and try to figure out the world around them. However, this is a long and tricky process, and even adults sometimes struggle to think logically all the time.
We at Now I’ve Seen Everything found a number of stories about people who should probably work on their logical skills just a little more.
- The strangest person I ever met was my friend’s Uncle Franky. Growing up, my buddy and I worked in his father’s insurance office during the summers. One day, Uncle Franky came in to use a computer so he could compose an email. It was his first time doing this — it was in 2009. As he was trying to add the @ symbol in the recipient’s name, he asked where he could find it. I told him to hold down the shift button and press the number 2 key at the same time. He turned his head, and with a puzzled look his in eyes, he asked me, “Wouldn’t that be a capital 2?” © Jimmy6Times / Reddit
- The dad next door to our apartment in Brooklyn just took his small kids outside to let them scream as loud as they want for a few minutes before taking them back inside. letsgomathias / Twitter
- The plane was landing. It was really low and everyone had their seatbelts on, including the flight attendants, and then I hear someone walking in the aisle. A flight attendant said, “Miss, what happened? Please take your seat.” And then the person said, “This is my stop.” The whole plane was laughing. © Nataliya Astahova / Facebook
- I was in Krakow, and a friend of a friend had recommended visiting a Harry Potter-themed cafe there. I searched it on Google Maps and got a location. Google implied that the cafe remained open till 10 p.m. We got to the location where Google Maps suggested — and nothing. We asked around to all the stores nearby if they had heard of such a cafe. Didn’t help. We had almost given up and thought they probably had closed down and Google just hadn’t updated it yet. But then one of us saw a cartoon of a witch flying on her broom in a shop nearby. We went inside. There was some repair work going on. But then, a dead end. Aw man, that’s disappointing. But just then, when we were turning back, we saw steps leading downstairs to a door. We knew we had found it. As soon as we opened the door, we knew this was it. Felt extremely elated. When we finally got inside, I complained at the counter, “There are not enough signboards. We had trouble finding this place.” She said, “It’s not for muggles.” © Piyush Lahoti / Quora
- “It’s 97° and my wife left the house carrying a hoodie, ’just in case.’” Social_Mime / Twitter
- First, a bank called me for 2 weeks convincing me to take a loan, then when I came to the office and spent several hours there, they refused! I was angry on my way home when I got a phone call from THE SAME bank, and I was offered a loan! © Marya Ivanovich / Facebook
- My parents disliked my husband, especially my mother. When she found out we were getting married, she told me not to call her for a month. When we had kids, my parents had to start talking to my husband. He’s a very nice person and despite all of that, he always helped them when they needed it. We have a house, kids, money — they got used to him. And then I found that my mom is just waiting for me to find a normal man. © cheschirsky / Pikabu
- I had a manager named Roxanne. She was a bleach blonde (she literally bleached her hair once a month and then wondered why it would break/fall out). Rocky was really obsessed with her looks and not much else. One day, she told me and a co-worker that she had her nose done so that her eventual children wouldn’t grow up with the same nose as her. She wasn’t kidding. The co-worker and I just looked at each other and walked away. We knew it wasn’t worth the effort. © Adastria / Reddit
- My roommate in college thought you washed clothes on every single cycle in the washing machine. Our machine had a delicate cycle, a cotton cycle, a solo rinse cycle, a permanent press cycle, etc. He always complained about the washer taking forever. And it was because he was washing his clothes 4-5 times every time he did laundry. © sooner_or_later / Reddit
- My 78-year-old grandma calls me and tells me that she has a fever and that pills didn’t help. She asked me to buy something for her. I went to the pharmacy and when I came to my grandma’s place, I asked her what pills she took. She showed me pills for 3-year-old children she got from her grandson. When I told her that they couldn’t work because they are for kids, she said, “Oh, how can pills know how old I am?” © “Podlsushano” / Ideer
- This girl I used to work with was in a very toxic relationship. She told everyone she was secretly trying to get pregnant because if she did, her unemployed boyfriend would have to get a job and pay rent. She got pregnant and her boyfriend immediately dumped her. © booger-burger69 / Reddit
- I sell women’s handbags. Once, a woman came in and described a model she wanted in detail. I told her that we didn’t have such a bag. She insisted, “But I want it!” We were arguing for a few minutes, and when I ran out of patience, I asked her, “Where did you see such a bag?” And she said, “I saw it in my dream!” © Galina Arsenuk / Facebook
- I worked as a sales assistant at a children’s store. Once, I saw a young couple shopping for a present for a child. A man picked up a 2,000-piece puzzle:
— “Jane, let’s get this!”
— “Are you crazy? She’s 1.5 years old!”
— “I want it for us!”
— “But she’ll throw the pieces around the entire house!”
— “We’ll do it in the bathroom! She’s still scared to come in.”
It’s been a long time since then and I still picture them doing this puzzle in the bathroom, because they actually bought it. © “Podslushano” / Vk
- He took me to a restaurant and went to the bathroom a lot and stepped out often to take calls. I thought it was weird, and then the waiter said: “You know he’s at another table with a blonde woman right?” He had 2 first dates at once. see_kel / Twitter
Have you ever been truly puzzled by someone else’s way of thinking?