15 People Who Discovered the Power of Self-Love
Sometimes, we’re so focused on being kind to other people that we forget to be kind to ourselves first. But just like a plant, we need to nurture ourselves so we can bloom into the beautiful individuals that we already are. And taking care of our physical, emotional, and mental health can lead to great changes in our lives.
Now I’ve Seen Everything gathered 15 inspiring transformations of people who discovered self-love and became better versions of themselves.
1. “Invest in something you won’t regret... yourself! If I can do it, so can you!”
2. “I took a step and got my hair cut. 5 years into adulthood, and I’m finally learning self-care.”
3. “The photo on the left was taken a year ago today. I was uncomfortable and depressed. And throughout this year, I learned to love myself unconditionally, which means a lot more to me than 47 pounds.”
4. “Before and after healing from a toxic relationship. Self-hating vs healing! No filter!”
5. “I straightened my hair for 11 years and it left me with lifeless, dry, dull, frizzy hair. I started wearing my hair natural, and I literally woke it up from the dead.”
6. “I went from a loose fitting XS to an M. I’m so proud of myself.”
7. “From struggling with an eating disorder to competitive lifting. Gaining weight can be pretty cool.”
8. “Today, I’m happier and healthier.”
9. “Be kind to yourself, and remember: slow and steady wins the race.”
10. “I could be in better shape, but I’m proud to say I recovered from a nearly 10-year-long eating disorder. Healthy comes in many forms.”
11. “I’m proud of myself for what I accomplished, and I appreciate and am thankful to my body for all that it does for me.”
12. “2 years’ progress, I’m so much healthier and happier.”
13. “I gained some weight and a rescue puppy.”
14. “Weight loss — self-love gain. After 3 years, I fully recovered from bulimia!”
15. “Only one year apart, but feeling much more confident. I started lifting weights and finally found a skincare routine.”
- Wow! You must have the discipline of an astronaut. © no_ucp / Reddit
How did you learn to love and accept yourself? Tell us in the comments below.