18 Creative Brides Who Walked Down the Aisle in Dresses They Made Themselves
Every bride wants to look stunning on her big day. And nothing makes a bigger statement than a wedding gown the bride created from scratch. From beautiful crochet dresses to gorgeous colorful gowns, these gifted women prove that you don’t need to spend a fortune to look irresistible.
Here at Now I’ve Seen Everything, we couldn’t take our eyes off these beautiful brides and their showstopping dresses.
1. “I went the brave/stupid route and sewed my own wedding dress!”
2. “Even though we did a basic town hall wedding, I made my own wedding dress!”
3. “There are 167 Swarovski crystals and 3,500 Delica seed beads on my dress.”
4. A Legend of Zelda themed wedding dress
5. “My mother-in-law made me this vintage-inspired wedding dress.”
6. “I made my own wedding dress. 165 hours spent total!”
7. A wonderful blue dress with hand-painted flowers
8. “I crocheted my lace wedding dress on the bus during my work commute for about 5 months.”
9. “My wearable muslin turned out good though. Now I just have to make it again in silk!”
10. “Wedding dirndls have seen an increase in popularity as they combine tradition and style.”
11. “7 years ago I sewed my own wedding dress by hand. Never used a sewing machine!”
12. “Here’s the dress I crocheted for my wedding reception.”
13. “I made my own wedding dress. It may not be perfect but it was just what I wanted.”
14. Another untraditional vintage-style dress
15. “Had my dream wedding to my dream man in a dress and veil I made.”
16. “Finished sewing my wedding dress just in time — 5 more days until I say, ’I do!’”
17. “I’m really bad at sewing, but I made my own wedding dress!”
18. “I made my own wedding dress! With 2 months and a $150 budget, I think I did okay.”
Did you make your own wedding gown yourself or did you buy it from a retail store? We’d love to see pictures of your wedding dresses down below!