17 Things That Embarked on a Mission to Astonish People
Humans crave surprises, according to experts. And it’s because our brains are hardwired to enjoy unpredictability. Whenever we encounter unexpected events, our minds wake up and we use all our senses to figure out what’s happening. And this flurry of emotions makes us feel good most of the time.
Now I’ve Seen Everything found 17 instances where people saw a random surprise around them, and we’re here to share the astonishment with you.
1. “My dog is growing an extra toe in between her toes. She’s 5 and it started showing 3 weeks ago.”
2. “Update on Schrodinger’s baby: used up all 4 tests and got all 4 possible result combinations.”
- I had the same thing. The next day, I went to the doctor and found out I was 8 weeks pregnant. © da_dashing_ash / Reddit
3. This traffic light in Denmark has Vikings as signal lights.
4. “I thought this was a cool rock, but it was soap.”
5. This giant carrot
6. “I found a rock that looks like an egg.”
7. “Opened up a lighter and there was just another lighter inside.”
8. “This clock was in my grandparents’ home for 50 years, and nobody noticed this.”
- V and VI ARE SWITCHED. The 4 isn’t the problem, that’s fine. IIII is common in clocks. © SANTAAAA__I_know_him / Reddit
9. “I was 30 minutes in before I realized it wasn’t the pic on the box, and an hour in before I realized it wasn’t even a butterfly.”
10. “This ’gift’ my husband received at our baby shower. He was offended, and I understand him.”
11. “My friend’s chicken lays green eggs sometimes.”
12. “Rainbow light hit the water bowl of my cat.”
13. “My eggplant has a laser marking instead of a physical sticker to show it’s organic.”
14. “The hot tub in my hotel room fills from the ceiling.”
15. “My squash racquet snapped where the word ’reinforced’ is printed.”
16. “There is a dog under the silver paint on my fridge magnet. The magnet was there for years, until the paint started to fall off, and I found the surprise.”
- Was probably a company that made a bunch for a specific order that never got paid for/picked up, so they had to get rid of them somehow. © nick_oreo / Reddit
17. “An artichoke I was eating had teeth of its own!”
Have you ever had a situation where you wanted to say, “Wait, I think this is not what it’s supposed to be like?”