18 People Who Found Objects So Strange They Had to Consult the Web to Find Out What They Were
The ingenuity of the human being is so great and complex that we often come across objects that we simply don’t know what they are for. This can also happen sometimes when nature surprises us, but here we won’t leave you in doubt. From something that pretends to be an egg to a very strange door located between the rocks of the sea (but which is not really a door.)
At Now I’ve Seen Everything we bring you some super curious objects and their explanations of what they are. Did you come across something that you didn’t know what it was?
1. “Found this while digging up a 100+ year old outhouse in Southern California. Any ideas on what this is?”
2. “My Grandad dug this up? Found in Liverpool, possibly WW2, it was found with the decoration on, what is it??”
3. “Midwest house built in early 1900s has a thing on the wall, what is this thing?”
4. “I was cutting my watermelon and was confused when I saw these hard stems in it, does anyone know what it is?”
5. “These lead blocks were found in a UK river. 125 g each. Can anyone positively identify them?”
6. “This was found in the vicinity of a random abandoned mine”
7. “A weird door I saw in the sea wall in Biarritz, France.”
8. “Found on a beach of Lake Erie. I’ve lived near the lake my whole life and never have seen something like this.”
9. “Found this out in the woods”
10. “I found this in a drawer in my office at the Institute of Marine Biology. It looks a lot like an egg, but it’s not.”
Answer: Most likely this is a dummy egg from a gull. The real egg is replaced by this one, so the bird “broods” quietly all season and does not lay a new one. This technique helps to reduce the population. In addition, gulls become very aggressive when they have chicks, but remain calm and quiet when hatching.
11. “This came in a bag of pots and kitchen utensils.”
12. “Found this in my checked luggage after a flight.”
Answer: This is a hand-held explosives scanner. Through a special filter, the device absorbs oxygen from hands and clothing, and the scanner analyzes the absorbed air for traces of any illegal substances.
13. “What is this black cord in my banana?”
14. “I found this in my attic, any idea what this is?”
15. “A strange tool I found while cleaning out my late Grandpa’s workshop.”
16. “Found these in my cooked spaghetti. The sauce was canned.”
17. “Found this under my passenger seat. It has magnets on the back.”
18. “Flying over an area outside of Tucson we saw this hole and it looks like it has water in it.”
What is the strangest object you have ever encountered?