18 Common Items That Are Far More Curious Than They Seem at First Glance
Many of us probably used to feel like detectives looking inside different things to find out what was in them when we were kids. And that’s no surprise — it’s so much fun! Even for grown-ups, learning about our world is a big adventure, especially when it comes to looking at everyday items from a completely different angle.
We at Now I’ve Seen Everything want to bring you some of that child-like joy with these 18 objects that hide some pretty curious things from us.
1. “The inside of my daughter’s snap bracelet is from a tape measure.”
2. What the inside of a gas pump looks like
3. “US banknotes are actually slightly color-coded. I boosted the saturation in the pic.”
4. A cross-section of a whale rib
5. It’s unexpected to find a piece of an old toothpaste box in a phone case.
6. USB cable
7. Ever wonder what the inside of a tape dispenser looks like?
8. All of this was inside a baseball.
9. “I found 3 fortunes in 1 fortune cookie.”
10. “Well, they aren’t wrong. What’s inside the platypus dog toy?”
11. The inside of this tropical pitcher plant looks like a QR code.
12. A spring ring jewelry clasp
13. “This shell I found that looks just like a coconut”
14. This cactus on the inside
15. “A bike stand built into a park bench”
16. “Someone turned a stump into a little box of books.”
17. “This is what a guitar looks like on the inside, my latest build.”
18. “This is what the inside of a Rubik’s cube looks like after a kid destroys it.”
When was the last time you looked inside something and thought, “So, that’s what this is!”?