15 People Who Used Tattoos to Turn Their Scars and Birthmarks into Art
Some people get tattoos and then regret doing it. In fact, according to one survey, 78% of respondents regretted getting one. However, today’s heroes shouldn’t worry about that. They turned their scars and birthmarks into art pieces right on their bodies, and it seems that it’s difficult to start regretting such a decision. Let’s have a look at the results.
1. “This is the final touch of my scar cover-up.”
2. The perfect place for a bird to perch
3. Celtic chest tattoo as a beautiful way to commemorate survival.
4. “My second scar-based tattoo”
5. A little bit of magic
6. “Finally got to do something creative with my ugly shoulder scar.”
7. “My birthmark is WAY cooler now.”
8. “Tattoo scar cover-up”
9. A very original zipper
10. “My elbow surgery scar plus a tattoo”
11. “Covered up a tummy tuck scar. I lost a lot of weight and my skin just never bounced back no matter what I did.”
12. “My ’little leaf’ birthmark is now a leaf tattoo!”
13. “Using my scar as a branch for a bat.”
14. “Just got a new tattoo over a scar I got from surgery after breaking my leg in a hockey tournament 3 years ago.”
15. “My scar ends right at the hairline! I got the spider below it to imply that it just finished stitching me up and is descending from its web.”
Do you have any tattoos, and if so, what type of design do you like the most? Did you ever have to cover up a scar, or did you choose your ink for aesthetic reasons?