What Type Of Nose Do I Have? 10 Different Nose Shapes
What are the different types of noses? Find out what your nose shape is, what ethnicity factors determine the nose’s type, and what celebrities have the same types of nose.
1. Nubian nose
This type of nose is easily identifiable because of its longer bridge and wide base. It’s most commonly found in those of African descent, but not exclusively.
- Example: Singer Beyoncé has what is considered a classic Nubian nose.
2. Greek nose
This is also sometimes known as the straight nose. It’s defined by its remarkably straight bridge and it’s typically free of any curves or humps.
- Example: Actress Jennifer Aniston or the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton have this type of nose.
3. Roman nose
A Roman nose is basically one that has a prominent bridge which makes it appear slightly bent or curved.
- Example: Actor Ryan Gosling has a Roman nose.
4. Snub nose
People with this type often have a small, stubby, and slightly upturned nose.
- Example: Emma Stone has a snub nose.
5. Bulbous nose
A bulbous nose has a more or less large mass or swelling on the lower half. This type of nose is commonly found in men.
- Example: Actor Leo McKern is a good example of a bulbous nose.
6. Hawk nose
A dramatic arched shape that also has a protruding bridge. This nose type is named this way because it resembles the curved beak of a hawk.
- Example: Adrien Brody has a typical hawk hose.
7. Fleshy nose
This is one of the most common types of noses out there and it’s more commonly found in men. It’s often large, with a rounder bridge and lots of extra skin.
- Example: Albert Einstein had a fleshy nose.
8. Turned-up nose
Also known as the “celestial” type, this nose is similar to the flat nose. However it has a slight up-swoop at the tip, which is rounded.
- Example: Carey Mulligan has this type of nose.
9. Bumpy nose
This is often thought of as a natural looking nose. Although straight and generally skinny, it has a small bump in the bridge.
- Example: People say Owen Wilson has a bumpy nose.
10. Small nose
As the name suggests, this is simply a small and dainty nose. While it isn’t very turned-up, it does slope gently upward at the tip, exposing the nostrils.
- Example: Elizabeth Taylor is one of the many celebrities that has this type of nose.
Bonus: Nose shape can divulge where your ancestors are from.
As we’ve seen, noses come in all shapes and sizes. But our ancestors’ environment may have an effect on our nose shape, according to a study. The nose’s purpose is not just to smell, but it also filters and regulates the air we breathe.
Therefore, if our ancestors lived in cooler climates, they evolved to have narrow noses with smaller nostrils to warm the cold air being inhaled. And in the hotter, more humid climates, a wider bridge, and more open nostrils would have been essential to survive the heat.